Friday, March 26

The lovely feeling of completion

It comes at random moments, but when I have completed something, it is a fabulous sensation - a sense of calm, contentment, and glee all rounded up into a happy sigh. Ahhh...

On Monday, my two cardigans for Creative Knitting were mailed off complete with schematics, charts, and all the goodies necessary for a good pattern. They looked fabulous, if I may say so myself, and once again, I shout out amazing thanks to South West Trading Company and Plymouth Yarns for their inspirational support. I wish I could show you pictures, but, you can see them in all their glory this November.

I also completed the unthinkable. Yes. I actually cleaned my desk. GASP! I will not embarrass myself with pictures of the "before," but will proudly show off the after...
100_4586

100_4585

100_4587
It's not ideal as have dreams of an actual office (this is squeezed into the corner of my bedroom), but I think it satisfies considering the size of our town home. You know your desk was a site of disaster when your husband stands in awe at the new look.

The pink yarn on top of the table is delicious. A soft, summery yarn perfect for the design I have going into a book! SERIOUSLY! I get to be in a book! :)

My sock knitting class is nearing the end of their sessions and are cranking out fantastic socks! But, I'm gearing up for a new summer session at Recycled Lamb with these two classes:
  • New Pathways for Socks - we will be learning the Coriolis Sock (toe-up version) from Cat Bordhi's book on Monday nights (5/3-5/24) at 6pm. 
  • Socks for Newbies - because I am determined to have handknit socks take over the world... learn the basics (and ALL the tips and tricks that will last you a life time) on Mondays (7/5 to 7/26) at 6p
Swing by the shop if you are interested in signing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment